Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My visit to the Tower of London


This is me with the Ravenmaster at the Tower of London. His name is Ray Stones and he signed my book The Ravenmaster's Secret and gave us two raven feathers. I am going to donate this book to Coleytown Library. The other Ravenmaster helped write the book but he has retired. I asked him why there were only 9 ravens at the Tower but he explained that it was the number picked by King Charles I I so that the kindgom would not crumble to its enemies. There are two baby ravens right now at the Tower. We also saw the crown jewels and they were all amazing. This other picture is of the guards at the Tower who were changing the secret password. We didn't find out what the password was.

1 Comments:

At July 28, 2008 at 11:38 AM , Blogger Keri said...

Hi Alex! It looks like you are having a great time in London! Have you been to King's Cross Station to visit platform 9 and 3/4? A friend of mine went there last year and took a picture of the sign they have put up in the area where the platform would be if it were real. Did you know there is a castle here in Connecticut? It's called Gillete's Castle. Well, enjoy the rest of your time in London!

Sincerely,
Ms. Paradis

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home